Ahoy! In short, I'm an illustrator and merchant mariner, born and raised on Long Island, NY, a lifelong admirer of nature, art and the sea, and deeply passionate about life.
I graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City earning a BFA in Illustration.
After graduating in 2008, I became a full-time employee at the Museum of American Illustration at the Society of Illustrators in New York City. I continued to pursue my illustration career and have been working as a freelance illustrator since January 2011 - and it's been awesome!
I work primarily in traditional media with a focus on wildlife and nautical themed art. Over the course of five years, I have illustrated nine published children's books, had my work exhibited in gallery shows and received multiple awards. I have also worked on many projects including food merchandising, branding, portraits, murals and logos. In December 2015, I launched my Etsy shop, "Whale and Anchor", where prints of my artwork are available for purchase - be sure to check it out!
I live and work in Brooklyn, NY, both as an illustrator and a merchant mariner in New York Harbor - I love what I do so I can hardly call it "work". I enjoy spending time with my amazing family, drawing and painting, running, snowboarding, stand-up paddleboarding, fishing, being on (or in) the water, photography, hunting for adventure and taking in the beauty of life's everyday moments.
.Awards & Recognition
- "People's Choice Show" exhibit at Greenpoint Gallery
- "Animals" Light, Space and Time Online Art Competition, Special Merit Award
- "A Common Theme: Portraiture" exhibit at the Art League of Long Island
- EARTH: Fragile Planet exhibit at the Society of Illustrators
- Audubon Artists, Inc. 66th Annual Exhibition
- Audubon Artists Inc.65th Annual Exhibition, James and Elaine Hewlitt Award
- Design Against Fur National Poster Design Competition, Honorary Mention Award
- Society of Illustrators Student Scholarship Exhibition, Barnett Plunkett Award
- Fashion Institute of Technology, Graduation Departmental Award
- Fashion Institute of Technology Senior Show
Partial Client List
- Cavendish Square Publishing
- Marshall Cavendish Publishing
- Reading A-Z
- Vane Brothers Company
- The Food Group
- Dannon Yogurt
- The Florida Department of Citrus
- Harmony Prime